You’ve assembled profile pages on a few popular social networks sites, made occasional posts, and responded when you knew activity. Isn’t that enough for a small company like yours?
Not according to a recent New York University research study, which discovered that although more than half of customers interact with organisations through social media, only 8 percent are pleased with those interactions.
To fill that space, here are our leading social media tips on producing and keeping a social media strategy that’s a brand-building, rain-making maker for your business.
1) Initially, ask yourself some essential questions: Whose attention am I seeking with social networks? What do I desire them to do? Why am I investing time (and for that reason money) in social media? Exist social-media platforms that talk to sections of my market?
2) To be successful, your social media engagement must be part and parcel of your overall sales and marketing technique. “Social media is the automobile, not the technique,” states Lisa Tilt, president of Complete Tilt Consulting in Atlanta.
3) When selecting social networks sites to extend your business brand, marketing and sales efforts, start little and be selective.
Match the demographics of your market to social platforms. Prior to you build a profile on yet another social website, make sure that you have the resources (individuals and time) to post regularly and respond quickly to all consumer and prospect activity. Measure the efficiency of your options with social networks analytics tools.
4) Early in the video game, pick and utilize a social networks management platform like Hootsuite or Tweetdeck to coordinate all of your social accounts and RSS feeds from one screen, schedule posts, designate tasks to your staff members, and so on.
5) “Having a handful of trusted staff members that can help disseminate your business’s message will make application more manageable,” says Cheryl Foster, marketing manager for accounting company Brown Smith Wallace in St. Louis.
Even if you do not employ a dedicated social networks officer, choose thoroughly who does this work. You’re searching for social-savvy, energetic folks who know your business, comprehend its messaging, and can compose in the clear, friendly voice of your business, while never losing their cool. Not constantly so simple to find.
6) As social networks specialist David Meerman Scott suggests, utilize social networks keeping track of to track your business’s social-media existence all over the Web.
This will allow you to make sure client activity isn’t going unanswered, that your social media communiqués are staying on message, which any incorrect or negative posts about your business get a determined, timely and positive reaction.
7) As Ann Handley recommends with social media marketing to go very light on selling and on little talk that’s not related to what your business has to offer. Jerry Sullivan, owner of Framework Media Methods in Fords, N.J, concurs.
8) But keep in mind, just like any branding, marketing or offering effort, your social media activity need to have the supreme objective of acquiring and maintaining consumers and increasing sales.”Too many companies just toss something up versus the proverbial social networks wall, hoping something will stick,” says Paul Kurnit, professor of marketing at Pace University’s Lubin School of Organisation in New York City.
9) Integrate your social media marketing with your client relationship management and sales systems. Do not let your social media be an island. Do not lose track of leads generated by social media, and do not deal with consumer interactions delicately even if they show up through these informal media.
10) Formulate a social media policy, however simple, and inform your staff members on what the policy suggests to them.
11) Step your social networks results. Try out your marketing technique, your social deals, your option of social platforms. Determine again.